The iPod 5G (aka. Video) is suppose to drop in stores this week. What the heck was Apple thinking by doing this? I mean come on, it hasn’t even been a year since the iPod Nanos dropped, and here its—the new 5G!
Besides that, I am wondering whether upgrading to a 30GB 5G is even worth it and a smarth move. The pros that I see with the 5G over my Photo would probably be:
- the video of course!
- lighter and smaller form factor
- sleeker design
And the cons would be:
- the price difference I’ll need to cover when I upgrade
- time it’ll take me to re-organize and synch with the new iPod and my PC
- the money I need to spend in terms of accessories for it (i.e. cover, fm transmitter, etc.)
- accessories that used the top-connector would be absolete with it
I guess one major factor that needs to be addressed would be, “will I even enjoy watching a movie for 1–3 hours on a 2.5‑inch, 320 x 240 pixel display?” Right now, I don’t think so. Just imagine holding your iPod and having it in a comfortable position were your neck won’t be sore after watching a movie. I just can not see any scenarios right now were this would be beneficial.
Besides, I just freaking went eBay crazy these past couple of days. They were mostly sporting good purchases consisting of the following:
- Columbia 300 Ricochet Rebound Bowling Ball (14lbs. 3oz.)
- Mizuno Crush 2 Baseball Bat (34 inches, 27 ounces)
- Knobcuffs (for my bats)
Not to mention, I’m looking into investing into some serious glass for my photography addiction. Alas, technology… it gets better by the minute. I just hope people do as well.