Woah. As if having the creative likes of Obey Giant (Shepard Fairey), ISO50 (Scott Hansen), and Sarah Silverman weren’t enough, a couple of iPhoneDevCamp alumni volunteered to create an iPhone and iPod Touch application for Barack Obama.
You’ll have instant access to Barack’s positions on important issues, as well as local and national campaign news as it happens. Photos and videos from the campaign trail are all here, too.
- Call Friends: A great volunteering tool that lets you make a difference any time you want by talking to people you already know. Your contacts are prioritized by key battleground states, and you can make calls and organize results all in one place.
- Call Stats: See nationwide Obama ’08 Call Friends totals and find out how your call totals compare to leading callers.
- Get Involved: Do more. Find and contact your local Obama for America HQ.
- Receive Updates: Receive the latest news and announcements via text messages or email.
- News: Browse complete coverage of national and local campaign news.
- Local Events: Find local events, share by email and get maps and directions.
- Media: Browse videos and photos from the campaign
- Issues: Get clear facts about Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s plan for essential issues facing Americans.
I wonder how the McCain camp will follow up on this. For some reason, every time I associate John McCain and the web, I seem to refer to Mike Davidson punishing McCain’s web team for hot linking images on John McCain’s MySpace page. Classic.
Anyways, enough of the reminiscing. I commend the iPhoneDevCamp alumni amongst the other 4 who volunteered their time to the project. It truly gives some boost and good press to the iPhone development platform and its everyday application; whether it be checking your health, to learning why to vote for a presidential candidate.
The app is available at http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/iphone