So in preparation to going to Europe, I wanted to be able to have a cellphone (mobile) handy in case of an emergency. I wanted to just use the iPhone 3G but I have updated to iPhone OS 2.2.1 with a baseband of 2.30.03, which there is no (software) unlock for. Luckily, I still have kept my Samsung Blackjack (1).
Here’s what I found out when getting my Blackjack unlocked:
- Call 611 (Customer Service), and not the local AT&T store.
- Unlocking is “free” (according to the CSR who helped me).
- Give your IMEI number to the CSR to receive your phone’s unlock code.
- To get your phone’s IMEI number, press *#06#
- To proceed with the unlock process:
- Take out the SIM card if there are any first.
- You have to do the following keystrokes: #7465625*638*unlock_code# (unlock_code is your own of course).
- Your phone’s display will then have some type of message that it has disabled a lock of some sort.
I hope that helps.