I was fortunate enough to attend the first-ever “Platform Talks” with jeffstaple1 here in Manila. For those that couldn’t attend, here’s a quickstrike of highlights throughout this “ordinary” Tuesday, October 30th afternoon…
The origins of “Staple”
Life sucks. So just do what makes you happy.
- There is no “magic wand”—hard work is the secret sauce.
Etsy’s Handmade Portraits: “The Sword Maker” (Korehira Watanabe)
Success/happiness, and their correlation to Korehira Watanabe:
- There are basically no directions or formulas… to make
Koto (ancient swords)success/happiness.
- It’s impossible to recreate
- Success/happiness doesn’t happen over night. Korehira Watanabe has honed his craft for 40 years, it’s only in the past five years that he have finally succeeded in making a few similar
- Keep raising the bar of success/happiness; if not, it will “wear thin with time.” (Watanabe wants his disciple to surpass him as a sword maker; a disciple better than him.)
Well we hustle out of a sense of,
Sort of a desperation
Through that desperation, we come addicted.
But we feel we have nothin’ to lose.
So we offer you, well, we offer our lives.
What do you bring to the table?
Short doc of the event by Margaux Sue
I hope this keeps the fire burning in you; if any, makes it even bigger!
Much thanks goes out to those involved in making this happen: WIP Caps, Secret Fresh Gallery, Status Magazine, Greyone Social, co.lab, Ronac Art Center, and last but not least—Sarah & Banj of Platform Show Manila.
PS. Haha… Apple x Banksy x jeffstaple =) I now apparently have the one and only jeffstaple MacBook Pro lol