Though quite new in Los Angeles, Johnny Cupcakes (JC) have been well known and received way before opening their first ever store in Boston. Anyways, to keep things short (since people are already in line), JC is having a third series release of its very limited collection, “There’s Something in the Cupcake Mix” The release “consists of 4 extremely limited, exclusive t‑shirts that are released once a year, during the Halloween season. This year they will even be more scarce due to the splitting between both locations, Boston and LA.”
A few new details about series #3:
- Designs have been turned up a notch + bringing some ghoulish, familiar faces to the kitchen table.
- Better box design + construction.
- More hidden gems.
- These will NOT be available online, only in Boston + LA.
- 4 designs. 1 colorway of each. 150 total of each. Split between both Boston + LA = 75 pieces per design. Split between sizes and genders = only a handful to a dozen of each size, per gender, per design.
- Every t‑shirt will have a silk screened number on the back, to guarantee authenticity.
- Each box will be hand numbered.
- Each box will be equipped with different hidden trivia pertaining to the limited monster inside.
- A vanilla frosting scented scratch ‘n’ sniff sticker will be on top of each box.
- When opening up your sealed box, you will have to dust real sprinkles off of your sealed t‑shirt.
- We are encouraging every customer to DRESS UP in your best costumes.
- Real cupcakes, beverages and some pizza pizza will be given out the night of.
- A special limited, dated shirt will be given out to the first 100 or so customers.
- Photos + video webisodes will be taken at both releases.
- All of this and more for $75 per collectible product.
- These will sell out. We encourage you to arrive early (like now!)
For those who are new and would like to experience the commotion and journey, here are the release time and locations:
- Friday, October 17th, 9pm Eastern
@ 279 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
- Saturday, October 18th, 9pm Pacific
@ 7959 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Stay warm, well fed and good luck!
Sick nasty. I think I might grab Questlove’s DOPE tee (as seen above). There’s plenty of designs to go around, but just don’t know in terms of how much they pressed for this line. Some shirts are on presale and are either shipping this week, or in 2‑weeks (week of Oct. 27th). Anyways, check them out at store.okayplayer.com
Here’s a couple more that I liked from the line:
These are sick, Archrival “We’re No Angelz” tees. I’m just contemplating whether its best to wear the blue vs. the white version up here in the Bay. I hope they correct the color as it says “Royal Blue” on the product description; shouldn’t it be “Dodger Blue” =)
Anyways, sickness. Get yours over at thearchrival.com
349 E. 2nd Street
Los Angeles, 90012
Undefeated Las Vegas will be hosting an in-store voter registration drive as this Saturday, October 4th is the last day to register in the state of Nevada. The drive will be held from 12–8pm. Music will be provided by DJ Skee and DJ Franzen. Those who come and register will receive a t‑shirt designed by Geoff McFetridge below:
4480 Paradise Road #400
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Photos of shirt provided via Freshness Mag.