Though quite new in Los Angeles, Johnny Cupcakes (JC) have been well known and received way before opening their first ever store in Boston. Anyways, to keep things short (since people are already in line), JC is having a third series release of its very limited collection, “There’s Something in the Cupcake Mix” The release “consists of 4 extremely limited, exclusive t‑shirts that are released once a year, during the Halloween season. This year they will even be more scarce due to the splitting between both locations, Boston and LA.”
A few new details about series #3:
- Designs have been turned up a notch + bringing some ghoulish, familiar faces to the kitchen table.
- Better box design + construction.
- More hidden gems.
- These will NOT be available online, only in Boston + LA.
- 4 designs. 1 colorway of each. 150 total of each. Split between both Boston + LA = 75 pieces per design. Split between sizes and genders = only a handful to a dozen of each size, per gender, per design.
- Every t‑shirt will have a silk screened number on the back, to guarantee authenticity.
- Each box will be hand numbered.
- Each box will be equipped with different hidden trivia pertaining to the limited monster inside.
- A vanilla frosting scented scratch ‘n’ sniff sticker will be on top of each box.
- When opening up your sealed box, you will have to dust real sprinkles off of your sealed t‑shirt.
- We are encouraging every customer to DRESS UP in your best costumes.
- Real cupcakes, beverages and some pizza pizza will be given out the night of.
- A special limited, dated shirt will be given out to the first 100 or so customers.
- Photos + video webisodes will be taken at both releases.
- All of this and more for $75 per collectible product.
- These will sell out. We encourage you to arrive early (like now!)
For those who are new and would like to experience the commotion and journey, here are the release time and locations:
- Friday, October 17th, 9pm Eastern
@ 279 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
- Saturday, October 18th, 9pm Pacific
@ 7959 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Stay warm, well fed and good luck!
Straight from the Warehouse (DMB fan club):
We are pleased to announce that Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds will be performing in Richmond, VA on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at the ALLTEL Pavilion at the VCU Stuart C. Siegel Center to urge Virginians to vote for the change our country needs—affordable, accessible health care for every American, tax relief for middle class families struggling in this economy and a responsible end to the Iraq war.
The “Last Chance for Change” performance will be free and open to all Virginia residents and students, however tickets ARE required. Two (2) free tickets are available per person on a first-come, first served basis.
You may get your tickets from the 2 following locations:
- Richmond Campaign for Change Office
1710 E Franklin St.
Richmond, VA 23220
- Charlottesville Campaign for Change Office
104 Wertland St.
Key items that you should know if interested and planning on going:
- Tickets are available starting at 10:00 a.m. ET on Saturday, October 18.
- Campaign for Change offices are open from 9:00am to 9:00pm ET daily.
- For security reasons, please do not bring bags and please limit personal items.
- No signs or banners are permitted.
Again, here’s the day-of-concert information that you should now:
ALLTEL Pavilion at the Stuart C. Siegel Center
Virginia Commonwealth University
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Media access: 5:30 p.m.
Doors open: 6:00 p.m.
Show starts: 7:00 p.m.
More info available via barackobama.com/dave. Good luck, go vote, and enjoy!
Beatrock Clothing is hosting a Grand Opening of it’s Long Beach flagship store/gallery on Saturday, October 25th. Ribbon cutting and doors will open at noon. Festivities will commence till 11:00pm.
It’ll be a knockin’ party as the following performers will be blessing the place starting at 2pm: Bambu, Kiwi, Rhythm Natives, and lots more. There will also be visual art on display and for sale. Swanky.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
4158 Norse Way
Long Beach, CA 90808
Triumvir is having a Release Party. I’m guessing from the flyer that the collection is entitled, “Rome Never Fell”. They will be hosting the party at LAX Hollywood this upcoming Saturday, October 18th.
- Guestlist available via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashionable attire is a must
1714 N. Las Palmas