Diesel, “the Italian jeans, casuals and other clothing manufacturer”, has been promoting their “XXX Party” which will be launching on October 11, 2008. It will be held in 17 cities around the globe:Tokyo, Beijing, Dubai, Athens, Helsinki, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Milan, Munich, Paris, Oslo, Stockholm, Zurich, London, Sao Paolo, and New York.
Memos from October 2008
I think the creatives have done a good job with it. Why? Well, here’s something visual everyone can relate to vision-wise:
Woah. As if having the creative likes of Obey Giant (Shepard Fairey), ISO50 (Scott Hansen), and Sarah Silverman weren’t enough, a couple of iPhoneDevCamp alumni volunteered to create an iPhone and iPod Touch application for Barack Obama.
You’ll have instant access to Barack’s positions on important issues, as well as local and national campaign news as it happens. Photos and videos from the campaign trail are all here, too.
- Call Friends: A great volunteering tool that lets you make a difference any time you want by talking to people you already know. Your contacts are prioritized by key battleground states, and you can make calls and organize results all in one place.
- Call Stats: See nationwide Obama ’08 Call Friends totals and find out how your call totals compare to leading callers.
- Get Involved: Do more. Find and contact your local Obama for America HQ.
- Receive Updates: Receive the latest news and announcements via text messages or email.
- News: Browse complete coverage of national and local campaign news.
- Local Events: Find local events, share by email and get maps and directions.
- Media: Browse videos and photos from the campaign
- Issues: Get clear facts about Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s plan for essential issues facing Americans.
I wonder how the McCain camp will follow up on this. For some reason, every time I associate John McCain and the web, I seem to refer to Mike Davidson punishing McCain’s web team for hot linking images on John McCain’s MySpace page. Classic.
Anyways, enough of the reminiscing. I commend the iPhoneDevCamp alumni amongst the other 4 who volunteered their time to the project. It truly gives some boost and good press to the iPhone development platform and its everyday application; whether it be checking your health, to learning why to vote for a presidential candidate.
The app is available at http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/iphone
Sarah Silverman wants Jews to get their butts down to Florida for The Great Schlep.
She’s hilarious. The video is pretty much pro-Obama, but worth the watch whether you are for him or McCain. The campaign was paid for by the Jewish Council for Education and Research, www.jcer.info. Awesome right? =)
The whole bit was dang funny, but here are some that stood out for me:
- “Sarah … (awkward pause) … Silverman”
- “All their friends are dying” (oh snap lol)
- “He’s circum-super-sized” (haha)
You’ll know what I mean after watching it.
- intransitive verb. to proceed or move especially slowly, tediously, awkwardly, or carelessly
- An arduous journey.
- A clumsy or stupid person.
20%-off discount available at kidrobot.com and Kidrobot stores now through October 6th. Enter the code “robot20″ to redeem your discount online during checkout, or print the coupon above and bring it with you for an in-store purchase.