Anyone? Anyone? … Bueller?
Memos from September 2008
Q‑Tip Live at The Knitting Factory 2008-09-29
Definitely class and still trail-blazin’, here’s Q‑Tip performing at The Knitting Factory NY last night to preview his new, upcoming album Renaissance. Other than the show being FREE with a SMS RSVP, Busta Rhymes surprises everyone and smashes the show.
Speaking of Renaissance, there seems to be a leak of an old collabo that Q‑Tip did with D’Angelo. Here’s the track “I Believe” which is rumored to be in the new album. Source via Press Play Fashion Forward.
Watch TV Season Premieres on Hulu
Ever since dropping Season‑3 on tubes everywhere this past Monday night, NBC subliminally stated to the other networks, “We’re back bitches!” Meanwhile, I rarely watch TV when I get home other than watch MNF, ESPN and FOX Sports to keep up with Sports in general. Ever since getting a Hulu invite a couple months ago, I have been more than impressed with how far it has come from its days of closed beta.
Anyways, a couple of TV shows that I have been following lately are: Heroes, Chuck, The Office, My Name is Earl, and Kitchen Nightmares to name a few. On that end, I have to give it up to NBC in letting Chuck fans have a sneak peek of Season-2’s first episode available on Hulu days before its premiere on Primetime this upcoming Monday, September 29th. You may watch it below.
But best to do so soon as its suppose to expire in 2‑days.
“Sneak Peek” : Chuck Versus The First Date
If you have missed the other season premieres of some of the shows I have listed above, you may check them out below:
- Heroes Season‑3 Premiere Episode #1: The Second Coming
- Heroes Season‑3 Premiere Episode #2: The Butterfly Effect
- The Office Season‑5 Premiere: Weight Loss
- My Name is Earl Season‑4 Premiere: Magic Hour / Monkey Take a Bath
- Kitchen Nightmares Season‑2 Premiere: Handlebar. This is actually the 2nd episode, but the 1st one was just a summary of what happened in Season‑1.
PS. On a side note (Design-wise), the only biggest grudge at the moment with Hulu is the dimension it uses: 512px by 296px. Hence, at the time of this writing, I have my main content’s width to 550px. I would like to have 500px to keep things clean and in order but with the use of different video sites (i.e. Youtube, Hulu, Video, …), it is safer to use this much space for now; though it irks me when the copy goes of to the right of a 500px video.
Urban Outfitters — LSTN #2
Urban Outfitters just released its second album, LSTN #2:
- Glasssser / Apply
- Peter, Bjorn and John / Inland Empire
- Of Montreal / An Eluardian Instance
- Department of Eagles / No One Does It Like You
- Takka Takka / Silence
- Human Highway / The Sound
- Fujiya and Miyagi / Dishwasher
- Free Blood / Quick and Painful
- The Tough Alliance / Neo Violence
- Passion Pit / Sleepy Head
- School of Seven Bells / Half Asleep
- The Spinto Band / Summer Grof
- Japanese Motors / Single Fins & Safety Pins
- Women / Black Rice
- Sebastien Grainger / American Names
- Sky Larkin / Molten
- The Moondoggies / Changin
- Girls / Hellhole Ratrace
- Chair Lift / Evident Utensil
- Koushik / Lying in the Sun
- Lesser Gonzalez Alvarez / Mostly a Friend
Again, you may listen to each track individually by going to this page, or click here to download all 21 tracks.
Adobe Creative Suite 4 — Launch Broadcast
Since writing about the Adobe CS4 live web broadcast a couple of days ago, I was fortunate enough to finally view it. Enjoy!
You may view the video at a higher resolution via http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1556v1715. You may also find other related videos on that page with regards to CS4. The ones I am interested in seeing would probably be the following:
- Photoshop CS4 Features Tour
- Photoshop CS4 Extended Features Tour
- Illustrator CS4 Features Tour
- Flash CS4 Features Tour
All I can say is that this is going to be one very nice Suite, and should be fun to play/work with.